Monday, December 8, 2008

Long time... Long post


Well it's been a while and it's been busy! I need to devote some time everyday/every other day to writing. for me, for my babies, for my family, for my friends. Like a friend said- like my daily journal. Ok so on to what your here for- an update! To start- Brooklyn is a month old already! She is developing her own personality and I fall more in love everyday- she is my little girl! I'm going to back up in time to highlight on some things that have happened in the past month.

When Brooklyn was 2 weeks old- she got hit with Jade's sippy cup... not sure where it hit her but it landed at her feet in her swing. Jason and I were both in the kitchen finishing up cooking dinner and all of a sudden she screams- and we go to get her and there is Jade's cup at her feet. So asking Jade what happened he said that he threw his cup and it hit her on her foot... who knows where exactly but she was fine. Just scared us all.

Jade does truly love his sister. He is the first to tell someone "This is Brooklyn" if they look at her and if you ask him who that is he replies with "Miss Brooklyn"

Jade has adjusted pretty good. At first he was throwing toys alot but we quickly put that to an end. He is learning patience now. If I am to busy when he needs me he says, "Hey Mommy, or Daddy, or Mommy" (like whoever's attention i can get) Then Jade had a week of telling me "Don't feed her- put her in her swing" but I simply explained that I feed him and now it's Brooklyn's turn to eat- that she needs to get big and strong so she can play trains with him. That worked pretty well- along with a long story from Jade replying that he understood. He cracks me up with his responses.

The weekend before Thanksgiving Mamaw came to visit for 3 days. That was a good change. And nice to have an extra hand around. And I felt more confident to venture out of the house to a store with both Jade and Brooklyn.

The whole week of Thanksgiving we had family in from Colorado. What a blessing they are. Jade just loved having them here to play with him. I also had my first "break" from Brooklyn- and we got out the bottles. So I had some help with feeding her. She doesn't like the bottle very well. And not a fan of the pacifier. But we are working on it. While to "Colorado crew" were here we went shopping at the malls. And loved every bit of it. They stayed a good 5-6 days and we were all soooo sad to see them go home. But we are already making travel plans to go visit them soon (maybe April-May?!)

Me not being a stay at home kinda gal- Brooklyn and I have been out and about- since she was 2 weeks old. And lets say that I have some training to do! She does not like to shop as much as Jade and Mommy do! Brooklyn cries throughout the stores. Agh!! Yes, I am the Mom with the crying baby- everyone stares- it's embarrassing. Jade was never like that. But I am getting the hang of it all. I bought a sling to carry her in and she loves it.

And schedule already?!! I love it! Brooklyn fights her sleep alot-but the girl can sleep!! She pretty much sleeps through the night. The first 2 weeks she would wake up at 2ish and eat and then back asleep til 8am- but now.... she goes to bed about 11-12 at night and wakes up at....... 7ish in the morning!!! Did I mention- I love it!

I have started to supplement with formula and she's not so happy about that but she tolerates it. And I think the little bit of formula she gets at night is helping the sleeping.

I just sent out her birth announcement's- a little late on the subject but non-the-less they got done.

Jade is developing his big brother skills. We ask Jade "Is Brooklyn ok" and he'll says "Yeah, she just said aaaah!" and he copies the sounds she makes" Which is normally a quick little sound as she is starting to coo. However tonight on the way home Brooklyn was all out crying- and Jade out of no where says "Brooklyn says aaaaahhhhhaaahhhhhhaahahhhhhhahahhhhhhhh......" and he mimics her crying. Jason and I cracked up! Jade also loves to hug and kiss his sister. He got all excited the other day when he walked in from a day at school. He said, "Grandma, look Brooklyn's home!!!" (And if you know Jade he screams it) And runs up to her and hugs her in her swing. Yes, the cutest thing ever!

I love my babies!

Jason and I went out for the first time since Brooklyn's been born for both of our office Christmas parties. It was nice to get out. And Grandma's survived watching both the kids!

Brooklyn is growing fast! We weighed her on a home scale today and it appears she is 11 1/2 lbs. already! What a tubba baby! She goes to the Doctor Jan. 7th.

I have very much enjoyed playing dress up with Brooklyn's clothes- she looks best in purple. And the big bows make the outfit! .... Question- should I be offended if some stranger asks, "Is that a boy or girl" or assumes she's a boy and says, "What's his name- or- how old is he"? (Keep in mind that I have a pink and brown polka dot and paisley car seat cover and diaper bag- Brooklyn is wearing pink or purple clothes with a huge bow and normally a flower bow in her hair) Maybe it's just me?!

We have our lights on our house and the tree is up- looking forward to Christmas- our first Christmas with baby Brooklyn! Gotta get to writing our Christmas letter... things to do!
(just one pic- I need to upload the rest!)

No comments: