Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Still my baby boy!

Yesterday Jade got sick. After he woke up from his nap he feel asleep on the couch... first sign things weren't right. Then he became feverish. All the way to 102.9... scary! (There is nothing more scary to me than when my kids are sick) Well we went to the Dr. and they ran flu and strep test as well as a chest x-ray. All were negative. Awesome... so we were sent home with antibiotics for the beginnings of an ear infection and bronchial issues. My poor baby was so sick and didn't feel good that last night we let him sleep on the couch so I could watch him. He did very well. Dosed him up every 4 hrs with Tylenol and he was back to sleep. Now tonight things turned back to normal. Yelling, playing, and finally eating! Jade just being Jade. But when he's sick I'm reminded that he's still my baby boy! Jade loves to play rough with Daddy so much that sometimes I feel like I'm boring and no fun.... so I had my 2 days of glory. Jade wanted Mommy. I was soaking it all up!! And now that he's all better when I tucked him in to bed tonight he said, "Mommy- will you hold me like I'm your baby" And though he weighs 34 lbs and is growing up he'll always be my baby!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet! I teared up just reading it! :o)

Amy Maple said...

okay, so make me cry!! not really. i know exactly what you mean though...mike is the fun one and mommy just always tells us what to do...sometimes i need a little love reminder as well!